Accelerated Christian Education (A.C.E.)
The Accelerated Christian Education (A.C.E.) curriculum is designed to fulfil certain criteria in students. We use this curriculum to:
- Ensure that there are no gaps in the knowledge of students.
- Encourage gifted and talented students to work faster and allow them to perform higher and faster than expected.
- Encourage good moral values and qualities in the lives of the students.
- Enable students with different learning styles to be able to achieve their full potential.
- Introduce children to the biblical standards outlined in the bible.
We plan our curriculum in three phases. We agree curriculum frameworks (long-term plan) for each Key Stage. This indicates what topics are to be taught in each term, and to which groups of children. Our Curriculum Frameworks are organised within a two-year cycle to accommodate our one and a half form school admission. We review our long-term plan on an annual basis.
With our medium-term plans, we give clear guidance on the objectives and teaching strategies that we use when teaching each topic. We have adopted the Renewed Frameworks for our school. We use the QCA schemes of work for much of our medium-term planning in the foundation subjects.
Our short-term plans are those that our teachers write on a weekly and daily basis. We use these to set out the learning objectives for each session, and to identify what resources and activities we are going to use in the lesson.
Special Educational Needs
The curriculum in our school is designed to provide equal access and opportunities to all students. We recognise that some students may have a special educational needs. If we think necessary, after parent consultation, we may adapt the school’s curriculum to address a child’s need.